Pork and Leek DumplingsPrint This
- 4 lb ground pork (80/20)
- 16 oz firm tofu (minced)
- 2 bunches chinese leek (chopped)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp ginger (minced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dark soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp rice wine
- 5 Tbsp corn starch
- 4 stalks scallions (chopped)
- 5 egg yolks
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
- dash of salt
- Mix flour, water and a dash of salt and knead to make a soft dough. Cut into small pieces and roll into small balls.
- Flatten with a rolling pin to make the dumpling skins.
- Get your hands dirty and mix the ground pork with the marinade.
- To cook, add 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil, 1 cup of water and 1 dozen dumplings partially covered. Allow the water to cook off and pan fry til browned. Serve with dark vinegar.
Adapted from Tiny Urban Kitchen.
Alternative, cook by boiling for 8-10 minutes.