- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 1 lb can diced tomato
- 2 Tbsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 green zucchini (finely sliced)
- 2 yellow squash (finely sliced)
- 2 italian eggplant (finely sliced)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Start by making the sauce. Combine the oil, garlic and onion into a pan over low heat until very soft. Add the tomatoes, thyme and bay leaf and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until very soft and very little liquid remains, about 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt, and discard bay leaf. Break down the sauce with a masher and then spread at the bottom of a baking dish.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Arrange the vegetable slices over the sauce until the pan is filled. Drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with the thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and crimp the edges to seal well.
- Bake for 1 hours. Uncover and bake for a further 30 minutes.